September 14, 2023
The Township of Addington Highlands is seeking applications from experienced and qualified candidates for the position of Full-Time Operator.
Reporting to the Manager of Roads and Waste, the full-time operator is to provide a variety of construction, snow/ice removal, maintenance and repair services to roads and adjacent public property for the safety and convenience of the public.
Ideally the successful candidate would:
- have the ability to operate a variety of heavy equipment and trucks safely and efficiently;
- possess knowledge of road construction and maintenance activities, and safety procedures;
- possess knowledge of road maintenance and construction standards, by-laws and other applicable legislation;
- have a class “DZ” drivers’ license;
- be willing to obtain an “AZ” drivers’ license;
- live and/or board within a thirty (30) minute radius of the Denbigh Yard.
This is a unionized position and the compensation for this position is $26.54 per hour.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a covering letter, drivers abstract and detailed resume including references, by 15:00 Thursday September 28th, 2023 to the undersigned.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Brett Reavie, Manager of Road & Waste
Township of Addington Highlands
P.O. Box 89, 72 Edward St.
Flinton, ON K0H 1P0
telephone: (613) 336-2286 fax: (613) 336-2847
The Township of Addington Highlands is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and the Human Rights Code. The Township will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or the assessment process to applicants with disabilities.